Wednesday 17 February 2016

A look into the Archives

So having made my way through A, B, C and D, Barbara took me into the temperature-controlled Archive room to get some more material to record. Just a wee bit exciting!!

 

This is what the shelves in one of the archive spaces looks like. There are large shelving units on rollers that make it easy to access what you are looking for.




Large books are stored one to a single shelf, as are the boxes for the Graham Bookplate Collection. These are cateloged in alphabetical order according to the name of the person for whom the plate was made, and the heraldic bookplates have been separated out from other styles.



More ephemera in storage.



This is Barbara Lyon. She is the Curator of Ephemera at Alexander Turnbull Library (which is situated inside The National Library of New Zealand).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My last day

Well, it has been an incredibly interesting time during my internship at the Alexander Turnbull Library. I have enjoyed my work there so muc...